Also known as the Retired Teachers’ Center
For a listing of all courses for Center for Active and Retired Community, please click here.
WHO ARE WE?
We are retired teachers, school-related personnel and community members who enjoy an active lifestyle and seek programs that offer personal and social growth opportunities. Our members are committed to giving back to the community through volunteering and fundraising activities.
- Social and cultural events
- Courses and workshops to complement your interests
- Lectures on timely topics
- Trips and shows
- Exercise classes
- Movie, book, bowling & walking clubs
- Volunteer opportunities
And so much more…
RTC Institute – Making a Difference in our Community!
Since its inception, The Center for Active & Retired Community has focused on giving back to the community.
To that end, here are some of the organizations we’ve helped and events we have sponsored:
- Annual Take a Bite out of Hunger event to support programs at People to People and Meals on Wheels
- Annual September collection of school supplies donated to People to People and the Haverstraw Backpack Project
- Monthly collection of nonperishable food donated to People to People
- Partnering with United Women of Rockland and the Center for Safety and Change – purchasing clothing and toys for entire families who are facing critical illnesses or extreme needs
- Helping our own members in their time of need
- Creating Blizzard Boxes for Meals on Wheels for the benefit of shut-ins
- Collecting clothing and toiletries for the children residing at Rockland Children’s Psychiatric Center
- Donating toys and games to Toys for Tots for their annual drive
- Knitting hats and gloves for children in the North Rockland School District
- Sending food and toiletries to female military members
- Heeding the call for help within our community
The mission of the Center for Active & Retired Community is to provide community members with life-long learning experiences as well as social, professional and service opportunities.